Sunday, April 26, 2020

Gratitude

Hi Everyone:
It has been a few days since my last post.  I have been very busy with a few things I want to share with you today.

Saturday I spent the day participating in a virtual card making retreat put on by five Stampin' Up! demonstrators from the States.  Every hour on the hour one of the demonstrator showed a card making technique.  The retreat was 12 hours long.  It was amazing!  I learned so many fantastic ideas and will be using them in my card making the next few weeks.  The final hour was a Mystery Card.  All participants made a card at the same time using the clues the demonstrator presented.  Wow!  That was fun!  I am so thankful to these demonstrators.  They are holding another virtual retreat in July.  I also learned some ideas to reach out to you and keep you stamping.  Stay tuned!

The title of this post leads to the next item I want to talk to you about today.  A friend and I were "chatting" on messenger the other day.  She mentioned a free course Yale University is offering on well-being.  The words "free" and "well-being"piqued my interest.  Well long story short, I enrolled in the course called, "The Science of Well-Being".  I finished Week #1 in a day!  One of the activities I had to do is a Signature Strengths Survey online.  One of the concepts discussed what that if you link your signature strengths to your job or hobby or life you will be happier.  I had no idea what my signature strength was until the website spit it out - GRATITUDE!  The definition they gave was, "being aware of and thankful for the good things that happen; taking time to express thanks".  At first I was very surprised.  Then I thought more about it.  Maybe that is why I feel such joy when making and sending cards.  I was energized and ready for the all day retreat I wrote about above.

A note on this survey - they give you a print out listing your Signature Strengths in order.  For a chuckle for those of you who know me here are my top four:

  1. Gratitude
  2. Prudence
  3. Love of Learning
  4. Fairness
Bravery and Self-regulation were my bottom strengths.  I think those strengths dropped since I retired.  I don't need them as much anymore.

I will have a card to share with you tomorrow.

Keep stamping!



No comments:

Post a Comment