Friday, October 15, 2021

Stamping Symphony Blog Hop - Celebrating Halloween


Hi Everyone,
Where did September go? I always find September a very busy month. It is a month of transition. September is the last month of the Stampin' Up! year. This year has had its challenges but I met my goal of remaining at Silver Elite in the company. Thank you for your support during this crazy year! I so look forward to a time when we can craft together again.

When I was a kindergarten teacher Halloween was a big deal. I had gotten away from it since I retired. This year is a different story. I am loving making Halloween cards and projects. The local gift shop that sells my cards asked for Halloween products. I am having fun! I want to share some of the cards I have made using products from the Cute Halloween suite. I absolutely love the Designer Series Paper and stamp set. The punch was on back order so I fussy cut the images from the Designer Series Paper while watching TV. All four cards were made using two pieces of DSP. Nothing was wasted. As card makers we hate wasting paper. LOL!

The card above and the one below are basically the same except for the orientation. The above is landscape and the one below is portrait. The measurements and instructions are the same.




Measurements:

  • Thick basic white cardstock - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
  • Boo paper from the Halloween DSP - 4 x 5 1/4

Instructions:

  1. Fussy cut the images from various DSP.
  2. Die cut the DSP using the Picture This circle die.
  3. Fold the card base in half along score line.
  4. Adhere the DSP to the card front.
  5. Adhere the images to the card front as shown using Dimensionals.
  6. Using Memento Black ink stamp the sentiment in the larger circle.
The next two cards use the scraps from the above cards.


Instructions:

  1. Make the card base 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.
  2. Randomly stamp on the card front the spiders using Memento Black ink and the candy corn using Pumpkin Pie ink.
  3. Stamp the sentiment on a scrap piece of Basic White cardstock. Matte using a left over piece of DSP. Adhere to the card front.
  4. Randomly adhere the circles from the cards above on the card front. Adhere some of the fussy cut images to the circles as shown.


Measurements:

  • Thick Basic White card base - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
  • Basic White cardstock - 5 1/2 x 2 1/4 and scrap for sentiment
  • DSP - 5 1/2 x 2 (left over from the first two cards)
  • Basic Black cardstock - 4 x 5 1/4

Instructions:

  1. Fold the card base in half and adhere the Basic Black cardstock to the card front.
  2. Adhere the DSP to the Basic White cardstock.
  3. Adhere this piece to the card front as shown (about 3/4" from the bottom)
  4. Die cut the scrap piece of Basic White cardstock using the scalloped contour die.
  5. Stamp the sentiment on the die cut using Memento Black ink.
  6. Adhere sentiment to the card front as shown using Dimensionals.
So easy to make and so cute!!! Make some Halloween cards for the special little people in your life to go along with their treat.
Have fun!

Thank you for stopping by and viewing my card.

Need Supplies?  Click here





I am so excited to share with you my card and the other projects of the Stamping Symphony Blog Hop crew.

Jen– StampingJen 




2 comments: